(Delanco, NJ) - I’m sure when I was serving in Afghanistan there were local rumors that the Taliban was a larger, stronger force than America and her allies. After-all, I met Afghans that were so uninformed that they didn’t even know what 9/11 was. America is in competition with the Taliban in the interest of the hearts and minds of the Afghan population. The majority of the Afghans I met only value 2 things: honesty and strength. However, like I said, the Taliban was excellent in portraying themselves as much more powerful than us to the locals when we were not around.
- Sit down and think really hard about who are your perpendicular competitors (competitor coming from a seemingly non-competitive industry, yet arriving on your market) is. Identify 2 who are really tapping into your market, and then move to step #2.
- Create another landing page on your website that will seek to rank in keywords your perpendicular competitor is ranking for in search engines.
- Remember, your target customer is looking up a service that is somewhat irrelevant to what you are providing, so you will have to include a strong and persuasive argument as to why this search engine user should digress from his/her first search, and explore your offering. In the case of teaching music lessons to kids, you would want your meta-description to cite scientific research that shows: “kids who take music lessons versus karate are significantly better adjusted socially and academically.” Actually, you could just write that so as long as you find reliable research to prove it.
- Improve the search engine optimization (SEO) of your page by using my 5 Tips to SEO Dominance.
- If you can’t rank in the first 6 results quickly enough, either call me (Matthew) at (856) 685-7194, or use Google Adwords. This is pay-per-click advertising that will guarantee you to be one of the first 3 results. However, these highlighted results only get clicked an average of 40%. I personally have never clicked them. But hey, 40% isn’t bad at all!
- Facebook versus Google
- How to get my Face on Google Images
- 5 Tips to SEO Dominance
- Instantly Add Traffic to Your Site
- Here’s Why You Should Blog